For the upcoming April 27th StorySLAM event, we want to hear about your MOMENT OF TRUTH.
We’ve all had moments of truth that take our breath away. Some for better, some for worse. A moment we became aware of something about ourselves – or in someone else that we hadn’t realized before. It could be a revelation we’ve been seeking, or trying our best to avoid.
“A moment of choice is a moment of truth. It's the testing point of our character and competence
.” — Stephen Covey
Consult your journal, diary or conscience if you need more prompts. We would hardly be human if we’ve not experienced an epic MOMENT OF TRUTH. Our small but fervent community of storytellers will have your back if you choose to drop your name in the hat and share your story in our StorySLAM competition. Or stake out a front row seat and let the stories move you.A SIMPLIFIED GUIDE FOR DESIGNING YOUR STORY
- Define a character (probably yourself;-) How were you feeling at that moment? Confident, lonely, conflicted, anxious, stressed, in lust or love?
- Where are you? Home, work, sunset, on the street, hotel, hiking in the mountains?
- What’s at stake? Career, security, peace of mind, redemption, future happiness?
- What was the crisis or conflict that triggered that moment for you?
- How did it work out? Did it make you happy, joyful, and peaceful or are you sad, resentful, and filled with remorse? Bring us full circle and share your beautiful truth as you are now.